Monday, February 8, 2010

Opera and Broadway

Busy weekend with the Super Bowl on Sunday. I have been working on my Project and decided to Madame Butterfly by Puccini and then write a modern story based on the same premise. Class last week was very entertaining. I love Broadway and have seen many shows in New York City. I have seen Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Wicked. Wicked is my favorite so far. Just like you, I memorized the soundtrack before I saw it and love the song "Popular."
I am not sure if anyone knows this, but I was telling my dad about my class and he told me that some movie theaters, especially AMC, show certain operas in movie theaters about twice a month. The tickets are around $25, but that is better than the real tickets. The website is metropolitanopera.com.
I think that the next project sounds interesting, but still am not sure what I am going to draw inside the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment