Monday, February 15, 2010

Singing in the Rain

A couple events come to mind when I was trying to do this assignment. The Cuban Missile Crisis and the Vietnam War were the main things I could think of. Class on Wednesday was very entertaining. The clips shown in class, I had never seen before. Also, we have talked in class about this time period and how women were being liberated and free to have sex with whoever and not just to procreate, but to have fun. Woodstock also took place during that time. Drugs became more mainstream during that period as well. Overall, the U.S. was changing but morale was still positive. This song has been a constant factor that people of all ages and backgrounds can sing and appreciate. I am really excited that we are starting to get closer and closer to current times. I enjoy it the most when we watch clips in class of movies that I have already seen because I feel like I can better understand the example shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment